Saturday, March 21, 2009

almost a month later...

.... and i decide to update. i'm a jerk. what can i say.

I made my first appointment with the midwife. I will see her at the end of April. I don't understand prenatal care at all - I mean, really, can they honestly tell how the baby is doing by checking my weight and blood pressure? (okay, I get the blood pressure thing, but still.) Personally, I would do a completely unassisted pregnancy if I could. The midwife requires that I meet her a couple times before attending the birth, so you do what you gotta do. (I am not comfortable with an unassisted childbirth.)

So. I'm technically 9 weeks 5 days. I am still battling constant nausea, and the fact that I have allergies isn't helping - every time I sneeze, it makes me dry heave. I only have another, oh, four months to look forward to this though. :-/ No, not that long, really. I usually have morning sickness till 20 weeks or so. So I have ten weeks to go. Yay.

No one knows I'm pregnant yet. I haven't told anyone, except The Hub. The kids don't know, my mom doesn't know, no one knows. I am not going to tell anyone till I absolutely have to. Luckily, I don't tend to show until after 20 weeks, so I have some time to go. I might chicken out and act like I never knew I was pregnant, and tell them "Oops, I got a positive test so they did a ultrasound, you will never believe it but I'm six months along!"

I am such a baby.

2 comments:

  1. here's to hoping the nausea gets better really soon! morning sickness is the worst...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you buck the norm and nausea ends today! It's awful isn't it? I had one nausea free pregnancy and it was the one time I understood about truly enjoying the process. I always enjoyed parts of it but the whole thing, not so much.

    Unplanned uh? Lots of mixed emotions there...my first was unplanned too..tough times

    XXX
    Breeze

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!